A hydroponic fodder system has the potential to help solve a number of problems faced by farmers almost since the beginning of farming.
- The ability to expand livestock operations with limited land.
- Lower feed cost.
- Improve feed quality.
- Improve animal health, lower vet bills and antibiotic use.
- Better quality meat and dairy.
- Less water usage, higher drought resistance of your operation.
- Smaller environmental footprint.
It sounds great, and it can be, but there are hidden costs to consider before you purchase a fodder system. The FodderTech commercial fodder system is specifically designed to address and reduce each of these costs. When you invest in a fodder system, you plan to use if for a long time. While purchase price is certainly a factor, a bigger consideration is the cost of operation over a one, two, five or 10 year time period. Here are the big ones: [Read more…]